26/12/2015

PAGES 70 - 80


They drive off. 


THE DRIVER
(Looks at Thor via the windshield mirror)
Would you mind putting the seatbelt on, mate?


THOR looks around not quite knowing what a “seatbelt” is, finally figures it out and tries to put it on but it doesn't reach round him. He ends up holding it awkwardly.


MINICAB DRIVER
(Turns around to look at THOR sitting there holding the belt)
That'll do.




CUT TO:


INT – SHIELD LOCK-UP


LOKI and NEITO are sitting on the bench in the cell.


NEITO
I want to sort this out peacefully. If you let 
me I would like to go and talk her.


THOR walks in.


LOKI
(To NEITO)
Ah. Neito, meet my brother Thor.


NEITO
(To THOR)
Hello.

Thor ignores her.

LOKI
(To THOR)
Thor, don't be rude.


THOR
(To LOKI)
Loki, a word.


LOKI gets up, walks to the bars and shimmers onto the other side.
THOR moves away from the cell but LOKI does not follow him.


LOKI
It's alright, you can speak freely in front of her.


THOR
Whatever she has said to you she can't be trusted.


LOKI
I trust her.


THOR
Why?


LOKI
As it turns out we have a lot in common.
I believe she is worthy of my trust.



THOR
On your head be it. I've spoken with Louhi.
She is not willing to negotiate.


NEITO moves closer to the bars.


NEITO
(To THOR)
Let me help you. I'll go and talk to her.


THOR
Fine. But if you try to trick us you will regret it.


LOKI
I shall go to Alfheim.
(To NEITO) Come there once you have news.


THOR
(To LOKI)
No Loki, I need you to come with me.


LOKI
You have a plan?


THOR
Yes.


LOKI
Very well. (Looks towards the CCTV camera)
Agent Phillips?



AGENT PHILLIPS walks into the room.



LOKI
If you would – please. (Makes a gesture towards the cell.)


AGENT PHILLIPS swipes his card and presses the
code into the keypad. The bars
slide up. NEITO walks out.


LOKI
(To AGENT PHILLIPS) Thank you for your help.


AGENT PHILLIPS
Just another day saving the world.


LOKI, NEITO and THOR leave.


CUT TO:


A MONTAGE

THOR, LOKI and FREY enter the laboratory in Asgard. They
overpower the GUARDS and force the SCIENTISTS to dismantle
all of the laboratory and pack it into large wooden grates.


INTERCUTS

- LOKI picks up the case of Tesseract and smiles.
THOR looks at him and shakes his head. He’s not amused.
He takes the case of tesseract off LOKI. LOKI pulls a 
sort of “but I want it Thor!” face


THOR
I don’t think so.


CUT TO:


THE MONTAGE CONTINUED


FREY has his boar companion GULLINBURSTI with him. He lifts
the Sampo and the wooden grates onto a large platform
and uses GULLINBURSTI to tow it to Alfheim. THOR and
LOKI overpower some guards outside the palace,
steal a large carriage pulled by 4 Porompi and
transport the SCIENTISTS to Alfheim.

Once in Alfheim THOR and LOKI force the SCIENTISTS to
set up a laboratory and make new weapons, swords and 
shields in the Sampo using LOUHI’S spells. LOKI casts his
own spells onto the weapons.



CUT TO:


INT – THE ASGARDIAN THRONE ROOM


NEITO enters. LOUHI is on the throne, she gets up.
Her LYNX remains next to the throne.


LOUHI
My darling! I was so worried!


NEITO
Mother.


LOUHI
Are you all right? How did you manage to escape?



NEITO
I didn't. They let me go. I have come to ask you
to see sense and end this now before it's too late.


LOUHI
You side the with them now?!


NEITO
It’s not about sides. I just want a peaceful solution.
We don't need to conquer anywhere else … In fact
I think you should relinquish Asgard and return home.


LOUHI
Home?! The blood of your own men was spilt
making this home! Doesn't that mean anything to you?!


NEITO
Yes of course but -


LOUHI
Pohjola is dead. There is nothing left.
We have no reason to return.


NEITO
So you just leave your people to starve?


LOUHI
Pah! They’re not starving, I’ve left Airi in charge,
I’m sure she will make sure the people are just fine.


NEITO
How can you be so callous? How can you leave my sister there to
live in misery with your people? You wouldn't have anything if it
wasn't for everyone you have held as slaves all these years …



LOUHI
Oh please! Spare me the sob stories! They'll survive!


NEITO
I have never been happy to go to war. The mere thought of
loss of life and for what? For your power mad schemes.
Why can't you be happy with what you've got?


LOUHI
What I've got?! What I've got?! A frozen plain on the
edge of nowhere that's been harvested within an inch 
of its life?! Is that what you want to inherit?!


NEITO
I don't care. I just don't want to fight any more.


LOUHI
Wait a minute … there's more to this than you're letting
on … I saw you! I saw you! You have fallen for
one of the Asgardians ... haven't you?!


NEITO
Yes. The King understands me in ways you never could.


LOUHI
Loki?


NEITO
Yes.


LOUHI
Are you truly so irrational you believe anything that comes
out of his mouth? He's not exactly famous for telling
the truth is he?! Can't you see he's just using you?


NEITO
I don't believe so. I really think they, as do I,
want a peaceful solution. Mother, please. Hand
back Asgard and whatever else you have taken.


LOUHI
Even if I did where does that leave you? Would you
come back to Pohjola?


NEITO
No. I am staying here with Loki.


LOUHI
So that’s what this is all about! You have some sort 
of foolish fantasy of being the Queen of Asgard!
Well I’m afraid that position is already filled. By me.


NEITO
Mother … no. I have no wish to be anything. I just -


LOUHI
(She gets up from the throne and walks right
up to NEITO) From this moment on you are no
longer my daughter.


NEITO
Mother -


LOUHI
No! No more mother. Leave!!!!!!!!


NEITO is visibly shaken by LOUHI’S anger. She bows her head and walks out of the throne room. LOUHI is outraged. She stands in the middle of the throne room and screams on the top of her voice.


LOUHI
ARRRGGHHHH!!!!!! KIJA!!!!!



KIJA enters the throne room and bows his head to LOUHI.



CUT TO:


INT – A HALL IN THE ALFHEIM PALACE, THE NEW LABORATORY


The Sampo and rest of the laboratory equipment is set up in a hall. VISIN and the other SCIENTISTS are inspecting weapons, swords and shields coming out of the Sampo. They are guarded by FREY'S GUARDS. LOKI, THOR and SIF stand nearby. They have some of the new weapons and are having a closer look at them.


CUT TO:

EXT – THE GROUNDS OF THE ALHEIM PALACE


NEITO flies in on a Porompi. She gets off it and ties the
reigns to a tree and starts walking towards the palace.

Just as she is about to go up the stairs to the palace 
KIJA flies in on a Porompi, jumps off it and fires 
a weapon at NEITO. LOKI comes out of the palace, 
sees what happens and runs to NEITO. She is hit 
on her back and falls onto the bottom steps.


LOKI
Neito?!


He barely manages to touch her when he spots KIJA who is just about to take off on the Porompi. LOKI runs and leaps towards him and manages to catch hold of his boot. LOKI pulls KIJA off the Porompi and he falls onto the ground on his back. As he falls he drops his weapon. LOKI kicks it out of the way.

LOKI jumps on top of KIJA. KIJA pulls out a dagger and tries 
to stab LOKI. LOKI gets hold of KIJA's wrist and twists 
it so he has to let go of the dagger.

LOKI grabs the dagger and throws it away. KIJA tries to fight LOKI but LOKI strangles him and finally snaps his neck.

LOKI gets off KIJA'S body and rushes back to NEITO.
He falls down on his knees and takes hold of her.


LOKI
Neito? No … please! Neito?


NEITO
(Weakly) Loki … 
 

LOKI holds NEITO as she draws a few short breaths and dies.


LOKI
No. Noooo!


LOKI wipes NEITO'S hair off her face. She brushes her cheeks
with his hand. He pulls her closer to him. He is devastated.

THOR and SIF come running out of the palace. They run to LOKI.


THOR
Loki?


LOKI cannot comprehend what has happened.
He looks up at THOR with utter hatred is his eyes.


LOKI
I am going to KILL her!


SIF runs back into the palace. THOR kneels down next to LOKI.


THOR
This is Louhi's doing? She's killed her own daughter?


LOKI
(Quietly)
I am going to … kill her.


THOR
The weapons are almost ready. A few hours ...


LOKI
No! I'm going there now!


THOR
Loki, no. If you go up against her on your own you will lose.


SIF and FREY come running out of the palace.
They run over to LOKI and THOR.


FREY
(To LOKI)
Loki. Let me. (He kneels down and takes Neito's 
body from Loki's lap and gets back up) I will 
take care of her. Take my men, go to Asgard.



THOR and LOKI stand up.


THOR
Thank you, My Lord.


LOKI touches NEITO'S face gently. THOR places his hand
on LOKI'S shoulder to comfort him. FREY carries NEITO
into the palace. SIF follows him.


CUT TO:

A MONTAGE


THOR and SIF are getting FREY'S MEN ready for battle. 
They give them the new weapons, swords and shields.

LOKI sits alone in a room in FREY'S palace, desolate. He has
his head in his hands. He looks up, cries just a couple
of tears before composing himself.



No comments:

Post a Comment